Visit my Craft Studio,

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the photo. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Friday sweet Friday

Well if your seeing this cupcake challenge card that means its FRIDAY, oh yeah!!! Friday sweet Friday your finally here!!

Well the 3 days of cold and rain are leaving BUT due back same time next week AARRGGHH. But its clearing up for our annual Poppy Festival this saturday and sunday and I think I will actually attend. I havent been in years, but with the lousey weather Iam ready for some outdoor activities and plenty of sunshine. I am sure every resident in my desert community is feeling the same and thousands of other Sso Cal residents. So Iam sure it will be pretty crowded. This is exactly why I havent attended in years, but I will brave it!

This challenge looked to me like a tall card, and you know I LOVE tall cards. Add the circles and I was all game. I came upon this fun color combo which turned out to be the same colors from a favorite ALL time paper packet called Lazy Days, in the past I used that color combo with a touch of red. With this color combo I stumbled upon recently the color added was ORANGE. Now if you have been following me for awhile you know orange is my FAVORITE color. Let me say this was so fun to put together using LOTS of favorites!!








I cut out the circles with my punches and my coluzzle. Popped the 3 blue circles off the paper:) I stamped the turtle on the white circle and paper pieced the orange pieces on the turtle shell. I punched the designer paper with my NEW apron lace punch and punched the sweet leaf green cardstock strip with my NEW scallop punch and popped both of the pieces of the card. Simple but clean and striking, at least to me!

Lazy Days stamp set and designer papers by CTMH (retired)
Cardstock by CTMH
Ribbon Misc
Punches by Fiskars